Thank you for visiting our past auction result archives. If you have an item identical (or similar) to this auction lot, please call, write or contact us to discuss. We will be able to help you.

Lot # 413 (of 873)   < Previous Lot | Next Lot >

1909-11 T206 White Borders Collection of 208 Different

Starting Bid - $2,000.00, Sold For - $10,925.00

208 different T206 White Borders, 90% range from Vg to Vg-Ex/Ex (includes a few Ex) with approximately equal representation at each level of grade, the remaining 10% range from Good to G-Vg. The collection is highlighted by 31 Hall of Famers, including two Ty Cobbs, and two Cy Youngs, and scarcities including the rare Elberfeld/Wash (port.), and eight Southern Leaguers. Highlights: Baker (Vg), Bender/no trees (Vg), Bender/trees (Vg/Vg-Ex), Bender/port. (Vg), Bresnahan/port. (Vg-Ex), Bresnahan/bat (Vg-Ex), Brown/Wash. (Vg), M. Brown/Cubs (Gd), Chance/bat (Ex), Chance/port. (Vg-Ex), Chase/trophy (Vg/Vg-Ex), Chase/blue (Vg-Ex), Chase/pink (Vg/Vg-Ex), Cobb/bat on shoulder (Vg/Vg-Ex due to two creases in far upper right corner, nice card), Cobb/red (Vg-Ex, no creases, even corner wear, a touch of "snow" in red background), Dahlen/Bklyn. (Gd), G. Davis (Vg), Elberfeld/Wash., port. (Vg-Ex, sharp looking card with no creases, corner rounding in upper left, some corner wear upper right, lower corners are square), Evers/port. (Vg-Ex), Evers/Chicago (Vg-Ex), Griffith/bat (Vg), Griffith/port. (Vg/Vg-Ex, no creases), Jennings/two hands (Vg), W. Johnson/chest (Vg due to corner rounding, no creases), Kleinow/Boston (Vg), Lundgren/Chi (Gd), Marquard/pitching (Vg/Vg-Ex, Sovereign back), Mathewson/dark cap (Vg-Ex), McGraw/finger (Ex), McGraw/port. no cap (Vg), McGraw/cap (Vg), Smith/Chi-Bos. (Vg-Ex with light tobacco stains, Polar Bear back), Speaker (Vg-Ex), Tinker/bat on (Vg-Ex), Tinker/port. (Vg), Waddell/throw (Gd), Willis/bat (Vg-Ex/Ex, incredibly large T206), Willis/throw (Vg), Young/glove (Vg), and Young/no glove (Vg/Vg-Ex due to corner wear, no creases). Many different advertising back styles are included (no great rarities, but a nice variety). A simply great looking and very substantial group, with many highlights, representing a tremendous start to a very attractive medium-grade complete set of T206, the most popular and classic set of the era. Total 208 cards. Reserve $2,000. Estimate $4,000/$6,000. SOLD FOR $10,925.00

(Click the smaller thumbnails to the left and right (if any) to cycle through each photo in the gallery of images for this lot.)